Sometimes things don't work quite as intended. A game crashes, or lags, or just behaves in a way that makes no sense. While a quick restart can resolve a lot of these problems, some cases require a more in-depth look.
That's where logs come in.
When to Pull Logs
You should only be pulling and attaching logs to your ticket if directed to do so by player support! We know it's a bit of a process, so we won't ask for logs until more traditional avenues have been exhausted. Thank you!
Where are the logs?
Game logs are stored in different locations depending on the game. Check the chart below to find out where the logs for your particular title live and which ones we need to help you.
Teamfight Tactics Mobile
R3Dlog.txt (the most recent, or the one associated with the problem)
If requested by the gameteam, pull League_PerfDump.rpd as well
|Legends of Runeterra
|All recent logs associated with the problem
|League of Legends: Wild Rift
|Pull the Files folder if possible. Otherwise, get the Logs folder inside of it.
Note: If the game you're having issues with is not listed, then we are not currently pulling logs for that title.
How do I get to the logs?
There are a few ways to get to your logs. Some require a separate PC, and others can be done with just a mobile device. Read on to see which better suits your needs!
On a Computer
Getting logs from your PC will require a physical connection between your PC and your mobile device.
- Connect your mobile device to your PC via USB
- Once connected, pull down the status bar at the top of the screen on your mobile device and select the USB option
- Choose Give access to your PC (full access)
- Open up File Explorer on your PC
- Select your mobile device from the available drives
- Find your data based on the game in question from the chart above
- Select Documents
- Select the necessary game logs based on the chart above
- Download the logs
- Attach them to your ticket, and send away!
On a Mobile Device
Want to grab the logs with just a mobile device? You're in the right place!
- Go to Settings (the cog icon) on your mobile device
- Go to Device Care
- (note: for some devices, you will have to go to General or Device Care before the next step is available)
- Go to Storage
- (note: for some devices, you will have to go to Internal Storage before the next step is available)
- Tap Files, or Advanced followed by Files
- Download the necessary files as outlined by the chart above and send them to your support agent
- Open the hamburger menu in the top left of your screen
- Go to Android > Data > com.riotgames.gametitle > Files > Documents > Logs > Gamelogs
- Find the folder named with a timestamp corresponding to when the problem occurred, then look for a time-stamped r3dlog.txt file in that folder
- Tap-and-hold the file to select it
- Use the Share button in the top right to attach the file to the support email or chat